- Your Government
- Town Departments
- Parks & Pool
Parks & Pool
W.O. Riley Park
W.O. Riley Park is located at 540 Park Avenue and has the following amenities:
- Basketball Court
- Batting Cage
- Gazebo and Bench Seating Areas
- Jean Minton Fogle Nature Sanctuary
- Park Event Shelters
- Safari Club Arboretum
- Soccer Field
- Tennis Courts
- W.O. Riley Park Pool Facility
- Event Space & Covered Stage
W.O. Riley Pool Facility
The pool is closed for the season. Please check back in late spring for updated price and schedule information.
W.O. Riley Park Shelter Rentals
The Rotary Shelter and Ruritan Shelter are available to rent for the following times:
- 10:00 am to 3:30 pm or 4:00 pm to dusk: $25
- 10 am to dusk: $50
Please fill out the Park Shelter Reservation Form (PDF) and contact the Municipal Office as soon as possible to reserve a shelter for your event!
W.O. Riley Park Event Space & Stage Rental
W.O. Riley Park boasts a beautiful space to hold your wedding, play, fashion show, or other special event - the possibilities abound! You can rent the space for $100, from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm, or 4:00 pm to dusk.
Please read our event space rental policy (PDF) and fill out the reservation form (PDF) for approval review.
W.O. Riley Park Revitalization Project
W.O. Riley Park was recently renovated (2014), featuring a great new playground (natural play area, outdoor "kid kitchen", slides, swings, climbing equipment, and more!), new restrooms, and a new event space. Come and check us out!!
Riverview Park is located at 326 French Woods Road and is home to two little league fields. There are two wooded trails that you can visit, with one overlooking the Shenandoah River. Some people have reported bald eagle sitings from this location.
Veterans Memorial Park
The Veterans Memorial Park is a mini park that is located on the corner of East High Street and South Main Street as a tribute to our veterans. Rest on a bench and enjoy the surrounding perennials and small trees.
Indian Spring Wetland
Indian Spring Wetland is located at 764 South Water Street. It is a special environmental area where citizens and visitors can quietly reflect on their thoughts from the observation deck and learn from the interpretive signage. Indian Spring Wetland is a community educational project, led by the Tree Board, with a master design that continues to evolve.
Find more information on the Indian Spring Wetland, including a fact sheet, teacher’s guide, observation area, and concept plan.
Fairview Park is located on West North Street, next to I-81. There are 73.2 acres of land that are reserved for future recreational facilities and environmental areas. The Fairview Park Master Plan Steering Committee and Design Team created a master plan that was approved by the Town Council in 2008. Check out the Fairview Park Master Plan!
Fairview Dog Park
Fairview Dog Park was created in 2017 to provide a location for our furry friends and their owners. The park was an in-house design-build project that included a generous donation from the Woodstock Rotary for the park shelter. The park is located inside of the larger Fairview Park tract, at 716 West North Street. Dog Park rules include: - Use at your own risk; you are liable for your dog.
- Please use the play area that is appropriate for your dog’s size/level.
- Please dispose of your dog’s waste.
- Maximum 3 dogs per person.
- Dogs aged 6 months and older are allowed to ensure their safety.
- All dogs must have appropriate vaccines and dog tags.
- Dogs who bark incessantly or are aggressive shall be removed immediately.
- Dogs and owners creating a problem must leave when requested.
- Owners are responsible for any injury or damage caused by their dogs.
- Children must be closely supervised at all times.
- Animal and human food are not permitted; training treats are permitted.
- Parks hours are from dawn to dusk.
- Never leave a dog unattended.
- No dogs in heat.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for filling holes dug by their dog.
- Professional dog training is not allowed without prior Town approval.
- The dog park will be closed during cross country events.